Brunott Jeweler takes your private information very seriously. We respect everyone's privacy and therefore do everything we can to comply with the legal requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) with regard to the processing of personal data. This privacy statement describes, among other things, how we protect your data, what data we collect and what we do with it. Just the Rotterdam way; open, straightforward and in plain language. Promised.
Processing of personal data
Brunott collects personal data when, for example, but not limited to:
- Buy items from us in the webshop
- Contact us via email, chat function and/or the contact form
- Create a personal account on our website
- Sign up for the digital newsletter
Because you shop online with us, use our services, like to be kept informed of our activities, want to follow us on social media and you have entered certain personal data for all this, we can process the following personal data about you :
- Personal details – i.e. gender, title, first name, surname(s): to identify you, to communicate with you and to deliver the order to the right person.
- Full private address and/or postal address: to be able to deliver your order correctly. We also offer the option to ship your order to a different address. (Useful if you plan on walking undisturbed in your nest.)
- Telephone number: if it is necessary to inform you about your order, we will do this by telephone in certain cases.
- Transaction data: bank and payment details that are required to complete your order are sent directly to the bank via a secure connection.
- IP address: we store your IP address for fraud prevention purposes. In this way we can, for example, provide an overview from which IP address is logged in to your account.
- E-mail address: to keep you informed about the processing of your order, or because you have chosen to subscribe to our newsletter.
- Login details: to be able to access your orders at all times via the account you created (if applicable) and to facilitate the ordering process in the future.
All your personal data is stored in highly secured databases, where appropriate technical and organizational measures guarantee a high level of security. Brunott keeps your data for as long as necessary. The collection and use of your personal data for direct marketing takes place until you withdraw your consent.
Protection of stored personal data
Personal data is treated strictly confidentially by us. Brunott therefore only exchanges your personal data with third parties if this is really necessary for the performance of our services or the sale of our products. It would be a real pity if that butter clock was not delivered to you, but to a random croutons tube. In order to properly perform their duties, we only share relevant data with the following persons or parties:
- Payment partners, who facilitate a correct and safe payment transaction
- Delivery partners or possible carriers who are not employed by Brunott and deliver your order
- IT service providers, who (among other things) offer you the better online shopping experience
- Parties that collect reviews about us
Your legal rights
You remain in control of your data, of course. For example, you have the right to request information about the data we hold about you at any time. Changing, deleting or adjusting e-mail preferences is also no problem at all. You can do this yourself in your Brunott account, or let us know by email.
Complaints or unanswered questions?
We shouldn't have that. For questions you can contact us. If you are not satisfied with how we handle your privacy data, we recommend that you contact the privacy authority.
Cookies help us to make Brunott.nl more user-friendly and to improve our service, services, products and information.
We hand out cookies when you visit our website or webshop. No crunchy biscuits for a cup of coffee, but small text files that we place on your computer, smartphone or tablet. This allows you to use certain functions on our website (functional cookies), while we are provided with useful information about you as a visitor to our website (analytical cookies). Finally, we use tracking cookies and social media plug-in cookies to show personalized advertisements and content that is of interest to you and to ensure that we can socialize together on our socials. Before we place these last two types of cookies, we always ask for your permission first.
If you do not want us to store cookies on your computer, you can adjust your browser settings. More information about removing and/or disabling cookies can be found in the instructions of your browser.