Seiko: Astron Solar
Even before the Seiko Astron was for sale in stores, this watch turned out to be a huge success. Logical, because with the Astron, Seiko has managed to build a number of unique functions into a watch. This success was also clearly visible with us, the ten Astrons that we received in the past year were usually sold before they were actually in the store. Today there is hardly any Seiko Astron in the Netherlands anymore.
Except with Brunott. Two weeks ago we managed to get hold of two more of these beautiful watches. And you can be sure, they are not the least of two. Although a Seiko Astron in itself is something very special to wear on your wrist, the Limited Edition that is now in our store certainly is! If you have been looking for this fantastic timepiece for a while, be quick because we only have two.
Spring 2012 SEIKO introduced the world's first analog GPS watch: the SEIKO Astron GPS Solar (named after the world's first quartz watch from 1969). The Astron GPS Solar recognizes all 39 official time zones on Earth and can therefore always display the exact local time. The spectacular watch has a micro-GPS receiver that consumes so little energy that all functions can function optimally on Seiko Solar technology. Is the SEIKO Astron GPS Solar - equipped with 100 patented inventions - the most intelligent watch ever built? The following specifications generally apply to the Seiko Astron:
- GPS controlled time, time zone and date adjustment
- Update time: automatic, 1 x per day when fully charged. Duration: 6 seconds.
- Update time zone: on demand. Duration: 30 seconds under ideal conditions.
- Perpetual Calendar all February 2100
- GPS signal indicator
- World Time function (all 39 time zones in the world)
- Daylight Saving Time functie
- Power Saving function
- In-flight mode (on/off indication)
- Accuracy: 1 second per 100,000 years (When GPS signal is not received, at temperatures between 5o and 35o C, +/- 15 seconds per month.)
- Water Resistance: 10 bar
- Magnetic resistance: 4,800 A/m
- high-intensity titanium with black hard coating and ceramic bezel (model SAST001 and SAST007)
- high-intensity titanium with ceramic bezel (models SAST003 and SAST005) stainless steel with ceramic bezel (model SAST009)
- stainless steel with black hard coating and ceramic bezel (model SAST011) diameter: 47 mm
- kastdikte: 16,5 mm
All energy is supplied by a solar dial. A brilliant piece of engineering that looks like a 'regular' watch face, but is capable of generating energy from ALL forms of light - from sunlight to bedside lamp - and storing it in its efficient, mercury-free battery
- high-intensity titanium with black hard coating and safety lock (model SAST001 and SAST007)
- high-intensity titanium with safety lock (models SAST003 and SAST005)
- extra strong black silicone strap with safety clasp (models SAST009 and SAST011)
Scratch-resistant sapphire crystal with Super-Clear Coating. A newly developed anti-reflection coating applied to both sides of the glass. It prevents 99% of light reflections and makes the dial easy to read even in bright light.